||[May. 24th, 2009|07:13 pm]
|[||Your mom ain't listening to
|||||The background noise of the city...||]|
In NYC. For perms, y0. Random notes from my drive:
- Seriously New Jersey? I have to wait 25 minutes at the gas station so that some schlemiel can put gas in my car because I'm not cool enough to gas up my own car? Really? REALLY?
- Pulling up to and crossing the George Washington Bridge into NYC, I heard Creedence Clearwater Revival's "Bad Moon Rising" followed by Van Halen's "Running With The Devil" on the NYC classic rock station. Should I consider that a good or bad omen?
- The older woman (late 40's, at least, and not in that hot Jane Seymour kind of way) at the hotel in Butte Vernon, PA that checked me in last night was also checking me OUT. It was kinda gross. She let me know a half dozen times that if I needed anything (it was 12:30 am eastern when I checked in) that I just needed to call down to the desk and she'd bring it right up to me room for me, that she'd be down there all night being bored. GROSS.
- While passing through Ohio yesterday, I saw a van being driven by a super white trash woman with at least 5 kids bouncing around in it with this large, seemingly homemade bumper sticker that said "Don't Blame Me, I Voted For PALIN!" Um, wha? It's only been 115 days or so (I'm too lazy to check and find out exactly how many). What's happened in that time that you have to shift the blame off on everyone else? You know, aside from the fact that he's a darker, more natural shade of color than John Boehner.
- White Castle in St Louis yesterday for lunch. So fantastic. Skyline for dinner in BFE, Ohio. Mmm.
- I drove to the east coast a thousand years ago (2002?) using a combination of my own scrawled notes/directions and the horrific directions that Mapquest provided. It was a little bit of a challenge, but it worked out alright for me. This time I pretty much relied on my brother-in-law's GPS that he loaned me. INFINITELY easier. As a society, we are far too spoiled by technology.
- Blah blah blah.