|I've got the time, I got the hours, I got the days, I got the weeks...
||[Jan. 22nd, 2007|02:09 pm]
|[||Your mom ain't listening to
|||||Modest Mouse - Dramamine||]|
Random nerd things that I'm looking forward to in the coming months:
Anything I'm missing?
- February 23rd: The Number 23 hits theaters. It looks kinda lame, like a horror version of Stranger Than Fiction, but I'm interested in seeing Jim Carrey in a horror movie (other than Ace Ventura 2).
- February 27th: NIN drops the With Teeth tour dvd, Beside You In Time. There's a part of me that wants to go out and buy an HD-capable dvd player just to have an excuse to buy the HD version of it, even though buying an HD capable tv is still a ways off.
- March 9th: 300 hits theaters. Every now and then, I want to see a bloody gory war movie, preferably something set in ancient times, especially something based on the Battle of Thermopylae. If the visuals in the trailers are an indication of how good the film will look. it'll be worth seeing for that alone.
- March 17th: TV On The Radio, with Subtle opening for them. I've wanted to see Subtle for years, but they stopped touring while Dax recovered from a car accident that left him paralyzed.
- April 21st: A mighty band of Decemberists descend upon The Uptown. I don't know that I need to say much more about that. Tickets are going to be $22 in advance, or so says Up To Eleven productions.
- ???: Word on the street was that the new Bruce Campbell movie, My Name Is Bruce, was supposed to be released in February. Now I can't find anything about a release date. And here I was hoping that they might be doing a press tour with the film to indie theaters and I'd have a chance to have a do-over on meeting Bruce Campbell (and/or an opportunity to listen to him heckle Evil Dead fans again).